The Chelsea Clinical Society was founded in 1896 by a group of doctors with the aim of furthering their medical education in a relaxed dining room setting.
The Society continues this tradition and invites interesting, challenging and educational speakers to address four dinners each calendar year. In addition there is a social summer party which is customarily held in the spring / early summer, where the newly elected President and Council members take office.
The Society is governed by a Council of fifteen members who are guided by three Trustees. The Trustees nominate the Honorary Officers (President, Secretary and Treasurer) for election by the Council.